It’s been a while since I last posted a dinner recipe here on the blog. Lately, we’ve gotten in the habit of hibernating at home to avoid the nasty weather. I’ve used this bonus time as an opportunity to explore some new recipes. Thanks to motivation from Jen Hatmaker in For the Love, I’ve had several glasses of wine and new home-cooked meals over the past couple of months. Here is a great recipe that I found in an old cookbook and tweaked so that my entire family would enjoy this dish. I hope you find a way to work it into your family’s meal rotations.
1 cup diced fully cooked ham
3/4 cup of shredded Swiss Cheese (or four slices ripped into bite-sized pieces)
1 cup sharp cheddar cheese (shredded)
1 chopped green pepper
1 cup milk
1/4 cup bisquick mix
1/8 tsp pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a greased, 10 in. pie plate layer ham, both cheeses, and green pepper.
- Place the remaining ingredients in a blender or stand mixer in the order given above. Blend for 35-40 seconds.
- Pour the liquid mixture over the ham, cheese, and peppers. Do not stir.
- Bake uncovered for 30-35 minutes or until set and lightly brown.
- Let stand five minutes before cutting and consuming.
*It’s as simple as that!